7:17:37 AM Sunday, 28 January 2018
Factors that control the speed of gINT report generation and navigation speed include:
- CPU Speed on pc running gINT.
- Enough RAM on pc running gINT. Note, gINT is a 32 bit program hence can only use 4GB, so no point having more than 8GB. Fast RAM too.
- Speed of access from the gINT program to the Library and Project. The best response will be files stored on a local drive. Also, ensure you have a gigabit network and a fast drive storing the library and project.
- Unique access to the project and library. Access databases slow down as more users have them open.
- Report complexity will slow output down. Ensure your report code is not generating errors and doesn't have calculations happening on every line, e.g. calculating something for every reading of a CPT.
- With SQL Server, I have seen very large transaction log files slow gINT down, also lack of RAM on the SQL Server host. Same issues above apply.